Skip to the content
- Ben Goldacre: Why – and how – I wrote Bad Pharma
- Secure Beneath Watchful Eyes
- An unfinished list of ventures in journalism you should be watching (and why) | David Bauer.
- Danny Dorling: If you are young in Britain today, you are being taken for a ride
- ‘And by exaggerating the mass media’s ability to zombify the public, jammers could imagine that they, too, had Svengali-like powers over ordinary proles. For all the “tools” Adbusters offered to sway public consciousness – stencilling, stickering, page defacement, supermarket trolley sabotage – there was never much emphasis on social skills, on persuading people with politics instead of bombarding them with theater or treating them like hackable machines.’
- ‘Imagine that some nuclear nightmare wiped out the entire human race apart from one small population – say, the Masai tribe in East Africa. Almost all the genetic variation that exists in the world today would still be present in that one small group.’ Kenan Malik on the biology/construction of race
- Gladwell talks about faith, unsettling science writers
- the Detroit that’s saving itself
- Chilling Effect: How the attacks on a University of Virginia law professor are bad for academia, and all of us.